if this is your first time to the zoo, please read my very first post found here. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

22 November 2012

Gratitude 2012 (Week 3)

21 November 2012: Today I'm overjoyed to have a fetal doppler, lent to me by a sweet friend. I had horrible dreams last night about losing the baby and there was nothing more comforting than to walk to the kitchen and find that little galloping heartbeat.

20 November 2012: Loving my dishwasher today. After almost five years without one, I can say I want to cry with joy every time I turn mine on. Even if it only cleans half the dishes because it's old and cheap.

19 November 2012: COWS! Can't wait to have that beautiful angus roast for thanksgiving dinner.

18 November 2012: Coffee! And all of those studies out there that have verified it is safe for me to have caffeine during pregnancy (under 200 mg per day.) And husbands who bring me coffee in bed.

17 November 2012: Down, as in what we rip from birds. So light. So warm. So fluffy. So good at hiding my pregnancy fat.

16 November 2012: This fine day, I'm eternally grateful for spray bottles! They are my best tool for shutting up a barking dog (and occasionally, startling a toddler out of a tantrum, hahahaha) and they keep me from overwatering my cacti. 

15 November 2012: Today I'm grateful for people who care about the things they expose their bodies to as much as I do. I do my best to not drive myself crazy over it, and I generally refuse to pay double for something organic if it's not on the dirty dozen list, but I do care. I am grateful for the internet which makes it extremely easy to do research on a company or product or ingredient and to find healthier substitutes.  I urge everyone to read labels and think carefully. Febreeze? Seems too good to be true? Well, it sort of is. It's horrible for you, your kids, and your pets. Even nail polish is full of toxins that shouldn't be a problem unless you are a nail-biter or using it on your kids. I'm so, so glad for the latest "purity" fad, and I'm looking forward to checking out the new -Ology line at Walgreens, in the nerdiest way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment