if this is your first time to the zoo, please read my very first post found here. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

13 November 2012

Gratitude 2012 (week 2)

Here we go with week 2. I'm pretending like I'm NOT so, so many days behind.


14 November 2012: I am grateful for the miracles that science has wrought. It is incredible to me the things that modern medicine can accomplish to make our lives better and even save our lives. Thank you to the men and women who dedicate their lives to being the absolute best at what they do from scientists to doctors to researchers, and everyone in between.

13 November 2012:  Today I am acutely grateful for my health. It's not by any means perfect, but it's pretty stellar. My entire life I've been plagued by little things here, and I've let them snowball in my head into a much sadder situation that reality calls for. This pregnancy has been quite the wake-up call. I have had NO morning sickness or other major issues come to light, so I really need to be positive when it comes to my upcoming eye surgery. It's merely a bump in the road.  God, thank you for my health, every day, but especially today.

12 November 2012: God, thank you for my husband. He goes above and beyond the duties of husband and even beyond the duties of best friend and life partner. I take him for granted all too often and I need to stop every day and feel blessed.

11 November 2012: Clean water. Clean water when I turn on the faucet, when I grab a Nalgene out of the fridge, and even when I turn on the garden hose. So many people live without clean water and so many die from dirty water. It truly is an amazing thing.

10 November 2012: Sushi!! A healthy, wonderful, delicious vacation for my tastebuds.

9 November 2012: Teachers!! Every day I thank my lucky stars that I had the wonderful, talented, kindhearted teachers that I did. They prepared me physically, mentally, AND emotionally for thriving in the 'adult' world.

8 November 2012:  The rain. I know y'all are hating on it out here, already, but it smells good, it's cleansing, and it sure beats shoveling the driveway every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment