if this is your first time to the zoo, please read my very first post found here. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

05 November 2011

Month of Gratitude

17 November I am thankful today that I am considered a grown up and nobody can make me take a picture with Santa at the mall. The one there today was terrifying, and just as I started to feel like a freak for being scared of a fake Santa, a little boy started crying and yelling, "I will punch you, Santa, if you get too close to me and my baby brother!!!!"


16 November: I am thankful that I live a block from the best cheap Asian food and sushi where $10 buys me three dinners on nights I just don't feel like cooking.


15 November: I am grateful for down comforters. I would never have thought to kill a bird, pluck it, and put the feathers in a blanket...I would just have been too focused on eating it. Anyways, I love my down comforter and how warm it keeps me when my other bed warmer is away at sea. A queen sized bed is hard to keep warm alone when none of my pups will snuggle me.


14 November: I am grateful for the wonders of online shopping and the tiny spark of giddiness that comes from hearing the UPS truck pull up in front of your house!


13 November: I am grateful for warm clothes on these cold days. I hope I never take them for granted.


12 November: I am extremely grateful for my extended family and in-laws. Thank you for loving me and being a great support system.


11 November: I am grateful for all of the 'nerds' out there who didn't let bullies get them down and instead persevered so that I can video chat with my family, hundreds of miles away.



10 November: I'm grateful for my fabulous friends. I'm grateful for the ones who still hug me and love me even when we don't see each other but once a year. And I'm grateful for the ones who I can call on at a moment's notice. And I'm grateful for the ones who I don't know very well but will continue to get to know!


9 November: I'm grateful for this week of odd non-winterlike weather we have been having in the PNW. I don't know that I could cope with the seasonal depression that comes from scooping poop in the pouring rain yet.


8 November: Grateful, grateful, grateful for my three pups. They drive me absolutely insane sometimes (was it really necessary to shred two whole boxes of kleenix?!) but it's the most stress-relieving, loneliness-quelling thing to be able to come home to them and snuggle them.


7 November: Today I am grateful to have a warm bed in a warm house to crawl into when I need to be sad for a little bit. (And then I fall asleep and wake up feeling better!! It's a magic bed!!)


6 November: I am grateful for toilet paper. Enough said.


5 November: I am grateful for the freedom that being an American affords me. I loved going to the store and buying a turkey and all of the fixings to make an early Thanksgiving for my husband. =]


4 November: I am grateful for the military and all of the opportunities it has afforded us as a family. We have college degrees, job stability, healthcare, and a home. The sacrifices the military demands of us are small in comparison to what we get from it.


3 November: I am grateful for whoever decided to harvest, burn, crush, and steam small black beans and call the product coffee. Furthermore, I am grateful for my husband who makes a wicked strong pot and always leaves me a cup for when I wake up.


2 November: I am grateful for the clean water that comes out of the faucet. I take it for granted all too often. I can't imagine what life would be like if I had to walk 8 miles a day for clean water like so many women in developing countries do.


1 November: I am grateful for the man I married. He is my best friend and biggest fan. He makes me laugh, give great hugs, and never complains about taking out the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment