if this is your first time to the zoo, please read my very first post found here. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

04 November 2011

The Blues

Well good morning/afternoon, world.

Today is the very first day that our looming deployment has really affected me. It started last night, like a little itch. Today it's a full on rash. I need to shake it off, to get over it, and to not scratch it and make it worse.

As if to rub the looming deployment in my face, I had the pleasure of getting up at 5:30am to take Don's seabag to the drop off point. I guess it's really real. The upside was that before I even had my car door open, three guys were rushing over and took care of the massive, leaden bag. If I had had to struggle with it, I honestly would've cried.

So, now it's time to move on to things that make me happy: walking the dogs, drinking scalding coffee, and craft time!

I know I'm loved. I'm well cared for. I have the best of friends and the most wonderful family. I have most of my health, most of my sanity, and four pumpkin spice candles crying out to be lit.

I can turn this icky day into a good one. I know I can! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment