if this is your first time to the zoo, please read my very first post found here. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

03 January 2013

Operation Dinner

Well, somehow Operation Dinner turned into Operation Browse Etsy. Oops!

Yesterday I realized I hadn't blogged in a good long while, so I figured I'd post a quick update and then finally, finally get back to dinner.  :)

Hmm. Well December flew by in a blink!  I am not sure where the first two weeks went. I babysat a lot for local friends, and then Don and I drove to Montana with the dogs for almost two weeks.  It ended up being completely wonderful in every way to be home with family.  It was a little weird knowing this was our last Christmas without kids!

Right after Christmas we packed up and headed back to Washington. Since we've been back, it feels like we haven't done much, but we've actually been fairly productive around the house. We've finalized the design of the nursery and will start trim work this weekend!  The office is about 75% functional (up from 0%) and the dining room is finally almost clear of boxes. Most significantly, the garage is starting to be functional. Don't get me wrong, it's still filled to the rafters with boxes of all sorts of stuff, but Don has a redneck work bench made out of boxes and a closet door (don't judge!) and things are finally grouped with their peers (garden items, meet your fellow garden items, etc) That's actually the most exciting part of what we've done the past few weeks because we finally have a workspace which means the trim work can start! Yay! 

Pregnancy-wise, let's see. Well, when I was home, Mom and Don got to feel the baby kick for the first time. She went nuts during Christmas Eve service and kung-powed Don right in the palm during the First Noel. Lately she's decided it's fun to stretch out as straight as possible and I can see her feet through my skin.  I probably should be saying how neat it is, but it's actually really creepy and a little, tiny-bit scary. I know she has a lot more growing to do and I don't think I can accomodate downward-dog-baby-yoga in there if she's going to keep getting taller and stronger.  I have faith in the strenth of my body, though. She's 100% imprisoned in there, no matter how much she pushes!  Hah!

Well, this past week, I thought I might start blogging on how I save money and de-toxify and hopefully get some tips from everyone else too. We'll see how faithfully I manage to post, but maybe it'll be good for someone!

Hope everyone else had wonderful holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment