if this is your first time to the zoo, please read my very first post found here. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

11 October 2012

Grapefruit Baby

Over the past few days, we've realized that we can feel the uterus now, which is really strange overall and also kind of cool...

Before I could feel it, I was just feeling doughy and fat....the growing uterus was pushing things up and out of the way but not actually "showing" yet so I had the honor of feeling fat and wide, but with nothing fun thrown in the mix.  Now that the baby is tangible in a small way, I feel better about how ugggghhhh I have been feeling about my physical shape.  There's a hard little grapefruit sitting in my pelvis!

Have you ever looked at maternity ads? They are ridiculous. Either the "models" are not really pregnant, or they have issues! They all have perfectly toned and skinny arms and legs with a pert, perfectly round little belly. Their boobs don't look like they're about to explode off of their bodies, and  they don't have a constellation of random acne on their cheekbones.  Fake, I say, fake!  

Speaking of maternity ads, I have decide to buy as little maternity wear as possible.  Maybe I'm grossly underestimating how fat and large I really am going to be...we'll see! For now, my jeans fit with extra room. When those don't fit, I have old pairs of 'fat' jeans that should work. And my last resort will be yoga pants and cotton skirts with wide, stretchy waistbands on the bottom. I might end up having to get some preggo leggings to wear underneath, depending on how harsh the winter is here. Or maybe I'll just cut the legs off of my old leggings and wear them like thigh-high leg warmers!?

For tops, I have tons of tops that should fit through most or all of the pregnancy. Empire waisted tops were popular recently so I have lots of those. Most of my t-shirts and long sleeved shirts are extremely stretchy and roomy in the gut.

So, I know that I'm going to have to buy bigger bras, preggo leggings, a warm cardigan or sweater, and something else warm to take place of my winter coat. I'll probably also need to conjure up a preggo raincoat since that's what it does here allllllll the time. Everyone talks about being warm all the time when they're pregnant, but I've sadly been the opposite. I will probably die of hypothermia this winter, on a 40F day, too. Pathetic!   :)

Finger's crossed that that's all I'll need! I purposly didn't buget much for maternity wear because I plan on slimming down asap after baby comes, and we don't know if I'm going to be pregnant again, so I do feel like it's sort of a waste of money. Oh, and jeans with stretchy bands at the top creep me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment