if this is your first time to the zoo, please read my very first post found here. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

12 February 2012

How Can It Only Be Sunday?!

Alright, dear friends. I have a house update for you. I know that I'm the only person on the entire planet who has ever purchase a house so tear yourself away from your children and responsibilities for this gripping update!

On Friday I went to the house for a second time with our Realtor, Nicole and a family friend. Our friend is very knowledgeable when it comes to fixing up houses. Also, this friend is very tall and can see things far beyond the realm of my 60 inch tall frame.

It felt, in the sappiest sense, TOTALLY AWESOME to pull up the house for a second time. I could see myself "coming home" there every day for a long time. There are some terrible hedges in the front that look like green huffalumps and completely block out the front door, but those are fixable, aka going to be torn out!

Friend did not find anything majorly wrong. Obviously they aren't a home inspector, but I was so giddy walking through both times that I could easily see how I would miss something big. A second check was just comforting.

So, Nicole made time for me on Saturday morning to come in and submit an offer!! I did not sleep a wink on Friday night. Ok, I did, but only for a little bit.

Saturday morning, I headed over there and we drafted it up. Nicole spent a few hours explaining everything to me and then I signed a thousand and one pages and we sent it off. Sending off an offer is an amazing high. I was sooo wound up that I walked through Best Buy for an hour trying to calm myself down. (And to open every single refrigerator, oven, washer, AND dryer!!)

I ended up going to dinner with one of my best friends and her son and we had a great time. Afterwards we were going to get generic valentines for her son but we got Tootsie pops and hot glue instead...and made SUPER HERO valentines. Yes, they are absolutely amazing. And yes, I found the idea on Pinterest!! Bubba and I cut out little Zorro-like masks and hot glued them on the sucker. We also cut out capes and glued them on too. The capes all have little red hearts and say, "You're a SUPER Valentine!!" They are insanely cute and surprisingly easy. No, I did not enjoy cutting out 35 masks, but Bubba did a great job helping...he cut out capes, etc.

Now I am home. I just turned on the tea kettle for some tea. I just looked at the calendar and I SWEAR it has to be Monday already. Right!?!? No, it's sadly 1am on Sunday. The seller has until Wednesday to respond to our offer. I think I'll have rattled my foot and knee up and down hard enough to give myself whiplash if I don't die of anxiety before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment