if this is your first time to the zoo, please read my very first post found here. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

26 September 2011

Book - "One Day" by David Nicholls

I've been seeing magazine ads for the movie "One Day." It looks amazing. I'm not always the best judge of these things considering what I base my judgement on: who is in it, who does the music, and what its rating is.

But, I've been wanting to see it. Little did I know that it was a book first.

If you know the geek side of me, you know that I refuse to watch most movies before I've read the book they're based on. So when I realized that the movie was based on a book, I was torn.

I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE books. I love buying them. I love their smell. I love feeling the texture of the cover and of the pages. I love, love, love them.

But this time I wanted to see the movie!! Alas! I had to buy the book and read it first.

It turns out my drama was for nothing. The book was amazing and I blew through it. Amazing.

Next up? The movie!

Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I am sure Kindle,etc have their place, but there is absolutely nothing like the feel and smell of a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I bought a refurbished Nook for cheap, even though I really never thought I'd ever own an e-reader. I do love how light and small it is. I keep it in my purse so I don't get bored waiting in line or waiting at the doctor's office.

    My biggest complaint is that I don't like reading it at home and when I'm right in the middle of a good book, that's what I have to do.

    I wish, more than anything, that when you bought a real book that it came with a free digital version to load onto my Nook.

    ReplyDelete