if this is your first time to the zoo, please read my very first post found here. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

05 February 2013

Nursery Walls are DONE!


Well, for those of you who have read the past two nursery blog updates found here and here, I'm proud to announce that the walls are FINALLY done. Yes, I did drag my feet a lot, but that's ok.

The room started as builder basic with white-ish walls, and small baseboard trim in a faux oak. We tore out the trim, painted the upper walls green, and the installed all new baseboards, wainscoting, chair rail, and trim around the window, closet door, and door.

Don did 99% of the work on the wood installs. He carefully measured each piece and then installed them with glue and nails. The worst of it was working with the beadboard because we went the cheap route and got the pressed sheets. They aren't square in anyway and they are really difficult to get straight cuts on because they are floppy.

After that, I ignored the room because all of the work left was for me. Every nail head needed to be tapped in deeper and then spackled. EVERY crevice needed to be caulked. After drying, everything needed to be sanded and examined for imperfections before painting could even begin. I think the worst part and the reason why I avoided it for so long was using caulk and spackle on my hands and knees.  It's hard work for a pregnant lady! I would finish a few feet and be huffing and puffing and sweating. Gross.

Well, two coats of semi-gloss no VOC paint later, its BEAUTIFUL. I seriously didn't want to put the furniture back because it was fun to just stand there and bask in the glow of our made-over room. It looks like a million bucks and makes the rest of our house look dingy and sad. 

Oh, and I got a new phone that has a nifty panorama maker, so I took some panoramic pics of the nursery. Please, please ignore the clutter. The next few weeks are devoted to organizing, decorating, and beautifying, but I couldn't wait to share some photos. Also, please ignore the weird colors from the low-light. The green does NOT look like split pea soup, I promise.
The door is missing because I still haven't painted it.......
Still have curtains to hang above window and in closet, among 5483290 other cosmetic items to address!

No comments:

Post a Comment